When it comes to top-of-the-line animal healthcare and safety products, one brand stands out. UNAHCO, Inc. (Univet Nutrition and Animal Healthcare Company) has been the leading manufacturer and distributor of animal feeds and veterinary medicines for over 50 years in the Philippines and in other parts of the globe.
As the animal nutrition and health care subsidiary of United Laboratories, Inc., the leading pharmaceutical company in the Philippines and in Southeast Asia, UNAHCO aims to enrich the lives of animals and animal raisers by providing various cost-efficient nutrition products and agribusiness solutions. Ultimately, all of these goals are aimed to sustain the company’s core principles of integrity, bayanihan, passion for excellence, and innovation.
Keep reading to learn more about why Filipino animal raisers continue to trust UNAHCO for their needs:
- UNAHCO products are manufactured in state-of-the-art facilities.
All UNAHCO products are manufactured in strategically located HAACP- and ISO-certified plants across the country. These locations have been equipped with state-of-the-art manufacturing and quality control facilities.
As of 2021, UNAHCO has a total of 16 plants, all of which successfully meet requirements and standards set by agricultural partners and animal raisers nationwide and abroad.
- UNAHCO products cater to and benefit a wide variety of animals.
These brands under UNAHCO highlight the company’s product diversity and its commitment to providing health solutions for maintaining optimal animal health:
- Univet: You can expect veterinary products such as antibiotics, supplements, dewormers, electrolytes, vaccines, and disinfectants that can help address concerns for swine, poultry, gamefowl, and dogs.
- Pigrolac: Count on Pigrolac to provide holistic-quality swine feeds that can benefit animals at different stages of their lives.
- Thunderbird: As the No. 1 gamefowl brand in the market, Thunderbird offers all-important feeds, grains, conditioning supplements, and medications.
- Sarimanok: For feeds that can help with chicken layer, broiler layer, and duck production and nourishment, trust Sarimanok Feeds.
- DoggiEssentials: Although it’s a relatively new brand, DoggiEssentials products aim to uplift the well-being of man’s best friend.
- Wingmaster: Expect top-quality feeds, supplements, medicines, and vaccines essential to the growth and development of pigeons.
- UNAHCO products offer opportunities to farmers and agricultural companies to further yields and maximize growth.
True to one of its core values of bayanihan, UNAHCO is also able to help many farmers by providing high-quality products that can help protect their crops, such as herbicides, molluscicides, fungicides, and insecticides.
For farmers, UNAGRO offers products that are able to offer maximum crop protection and help optimize yield potentials. On the other hand, UNAGRO CFG, through the brand Farm Science, caters to commercial swine and poultry farmers targeting to improve farm operations and increase profit.
- UNAHCO has been trusted by industry leaders, whether in the Philippines or abroad.
On a more global scale, UNAHCO has also formed partnerships with companies like Alltech, Akey, DSM, and Novus, all considered to be global leaders and experts in the field of animal research, nutrition, and healthcare.
Through these connections, UNAHCO aims to continue researching on new and adaptable scientific innovations and technological enhancements. In the long run, these studies can lay the foundation for improvements to existing formulations, and development of new and more beneficial products that can boost farms’ efficiency, performance, and profitability.
With its business unit United Agrivet Distribution (UAD), UNAHCO has also cultivated strategic partnerships with various local and foreign companies. This allows UNAHCO’s agricultural products and business solutions to be distributed on a larger scale and benefit many farmers and business owners.
- UNAHCO helps facilitate programs that provide learning opportunities for business growth and recovery, particularly against ASF.
Aside from forming lasting partnerships with key industry leaders locally and abroad, UNAHCO has also been trusted by national government units in conceptualizing solutions to address pressing issues.
In January 2021, in an effort to prevent further cases of African swine fever (ASF) which killed more than 400,000 hogs, the Department of Agriculture of the Philippines (DA) partnered with UNAHCO and the Philippine College of Swine Practitioners (PCSP).
Through this partnership, UNAHCO and PCSP will help implement the Bantay ASF program to control and curb the spread of ASF in Luzon, while protecting existing “green zones” in Visayas and Mindanao. UNAHCO was also tasked to help improve the DA’s current database on hog and poultry sub-sectors, and provide farmers higher prices and a ready market for feeds through careful purchases of corn from clustered farms.
The following month, UNAHCO and its other industry partners held a memorandum of understanding (MOU) signing for the DA’s INSPIRE (Integrated National Swine Production Initiatives for Recovery and Expansion), and Bantay ASF sa Barangay (BaBay ASF).
Through this agreement, a technical working group was formed to aid in developing grassroots programs in specific areas, so the private sector can help businesses affected by ASF learn effective control, repopulation, and prevention practices.
In fact, last March 17, 2021, UNAHCO held a one-day demo session for backyard hog raisers in Sta. Rosa, Nueva Ecija as part of this initiative. Farm owners were taught important biosecurity and health techniques that can safeguard their pigs and ensure their businesses remain stable amid the threat of ASF.
After multiple decades in the business, UNAHCO has gained the trust of animal raisers in the Philippines and abroad, thanks to high-quality products that yield maximum profits and business outputs. To know more about UNAHCO’s business solutions and see how they can help your business, head to this website for more information.